Even in this day and age, no one really knows the cause of hiccups. The one thing we know for certain is that they can be inconvenient at best, and extremely distressing at worst. We also know that when it comes to knowing how to get rid of them, there are a variety of things we can do. If you are serious about learning how to get rid of hiccups, then you want to try everything you can.
You may know one or two good ways to get rid of hiccups, but chances are that you don’t know every trick in the book.
Best Ways To Get Rid Of Hiccups
The great thing about most how to cure hiccups cures is that they are easy to implement. Generally, you can treat the condition with some breathing exercises, water, or simple household items that you almost certainly have.
Relax. No matter how severe the attack, and regardless of where you actually are, there are tricks designed to show you how to get rid of hiccups:
- Take the thumb of one hand, and press it into the palm of another hand. This distracts the nervous system, and it often kills hiccups right in their tracks. Squeezing the ball of your left thumb between your right hand’s thumb/forefinger is another good hand trick. You can do either of these anywhere, and you can do them without drawing any attention to yourself.
- Long deep breaths build up carbon dioxide in your lungs, which in turn can relax your diaphragm.
- If you can get away from people for just a few minutes, put your fingers in each ear for approximately 20 to 30 seconds. Pressing on the soft parts of your earlobes can also work to relax your vagus nerve, which is connected to your diaphragm.
- Simply sticking out your tongue for a prolonged period of time is a great way to deal with hiccups. The how to for this couldn’t be more straightforward, as you are simply stimulating the opening between your vocal cords, which can help to stabilize breathing and kill spasms.
- Nine to ten quick sips from a glass of water can create a rhythm that slows down and eventually destroys the hiccups that are giving you so much trouble.
The worst attacks can occur in public places. You immediately feel a sense of embarrassment. Talking is out of the question. and it’s stressful. Well simply use these hiccup hacks and get on with your day!