Hangover cures are a dime a dozen, but they’re all suggestions for what to do the next morning (after you feel like crap), but if you really want to cure a hangover properly, it has to start right from the moment you decide to drink.
Drinking alcohol reduces the water level of your body and dehydrates you. This leads to dry skin, throat and low energy level. The key lies in drinking plenty of water. Fruit juice can give a boost to your energy level.
Curing a hangover really starts the night before. Staying hydrated with some quality H2O will make your hangover a lot less severe. It’s said that throughout the night if you drink one glass of water for every alcoholic beverage you drink, you won’t wake up with a hangover. There’s also an option to drink a lighter beer. Most of the popular beer brands offer a lighter version on their frothy cold ones.
If you’re a mix drink kind of person make sure you DON’T mix your drinks with diet soda. Although you’ll bare the extra calories with regular sodas, it’s a known fact that diet sodas will make you drunker. Meaning more mess the next morning.
Liquid dissolves in your blood quicker than a fibre diet, so try having two glasses of juice along with a light breakfast. However, nothing can replace water. So keep a bottle of water for the day to bring back your hydration levels.
On to the next morning…
After a drunken night out, you shouldn’t be surprised if you wake up with puffy eyes. This can hamper your appearance. Apply pine oil on your baggy eyes to get rid of that initial puffiness. If you don’t have pine oil, then put some cream on cotton and gently apply it. Massage the tender area until the puffiness is gone.
The right food consumption early next morning holds vital importance in getting you back to your normal self. So whatever you do don’t skip on breakfast, even if you’re feeling a little nauseous. A good thing to try is Try honey on crackers. The fructose in the honey will help flush out the alcohol in your system.
Also try eating some toast. Toast will bring your blood sugar levels back up to normal after a hard night on your liver.
Your face can well reflect the shabbiness after a late night party. You do not want to present yourself like that to your boss. Well, try taking a slice of tomato or potato and rub it over your face. You can also use aloe vera for the softness. This helps in removing the freckles and glam up your face for the day. You can also use a moisturizer to massage your face. It removes dullness and makes your face sparkly.
Make-up is one of the best things you can use to hide your late night party secrets. Use foundation as a base and use light makeup to give your face a fresh look. Use a pink lipstick, light rouge, and light eye shadow. Eye shadow hides the puffiness and lipstick add the extra effects. It steals the show, and people end up looking your rosy pink lips rather than your sullen face.
If you woke up late, try to not end up drinking too much caffeine. A light coffee shake would do well for a quick stomach fill. But excess amounts dehydrates your body to another level so try avoiding it unless you have access to a bunch of water to balance it out.
Instead of coffee, why not try some herbal teas. Herbal teas like fennel, mint, and chamomile can help detoxify your body and add to the hydration process. It soothes your stomach and relaxes your body and can also cure a headache if you mix in some honey.
You can also try these quick hangover remedies
- Believe it or not, soaking your feet in hot water will help your head feel better.
- Drink sports drinks. They always have excellent hydrating agents in them.
- Eat a big, greasy meal before you start drinking. Grease lines your stomach and prepares it for the night’s battle.
- Drink one glass of water for every alcoholic drink you have and you’ll get drunk without getting a hangover.
- Eat some toast. Toast will bring your blood sugar levels back up to normal after a hard night on your liver.
- Go for a walk, run, or swim. Although it may not be fun at first, it will release endorphins and improve your mood.
- Drink water with an Alka-Seltzer. They even have a Morning Relief formulation specifically designed for hangovers.
- Bananas help relieve headaches, depression, and cramps. Perfect for a hangover!
- Drink Pedialyte, a children’s medicine. It’s designed to replenish and rehydrate your body with electrolytes and has been known to work wonders. It also comes in an ice pop form if you want a cure and a treat.